Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for normal tune-ups, such as oil changes or looking at probable issues, your home comfort system should get the same kind of attention. Routine maintenance by a trained technician provides numerous benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems operate efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
Reach out to Ambient Air at 520-357-4912 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating enables the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. Around 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is set on the low setting, permitting your two-stage unit to work for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also give more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, better air filtration and energy efficiency.
Ambient Air has an assortment of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the correct solution for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, functioning similar to cruise control to make small adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Give us a call at 520-357-4912 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a number of differences. Furnaces today are created to give more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to work with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers offer your heating system an extra lift so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Ambient Air for the efficiency standards for Tucson.
Ambient Air has a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help cut back the amount of energy they require to work. Aside from choosing products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you can consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives routine maintenance by a trained professional can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only targeted areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that aren't used.
- Having a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you want when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on energy bills.
Ambient Air is well-known in the Tucson area and you can depend on them to provide quality home comfort products. We feature a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to offering customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the best solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home with lots of air pollutants floating around. So, to increase IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least once a week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is ideal for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it challenging for airborne pollutants to escape. We have products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and regular cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and eliminating particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help prevent particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We suggest that you meet with one of the professionals at Ambient Air and have them evaluate your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you choose which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Many homeowners believe that air conditioners make your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from your home, sending the hot air outside. That hot air goes across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing it outside. This procedure continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temp that was set on your thermostat.
Due to the increasing amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined by region and carry varying requirements based on your location. Ambient Air can answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're searching for a replacement system.
You can find these numbers on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker will be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located near the top of the sticker. M/N signifies model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a couple ways to determine what size system is right for your home, but the most reliable way to choose a system is by having your local Ambient Air technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a number of other factors.
The short answer is Yes. Dirt and other debris can impede your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is common to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also include defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its hottest, the high setting starts up, and when its cooler or more mild, it operates on the low setting.
Typically, the lower setting will take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting starts up, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a number of reasons why it could be doing so. The most frequent reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can take care of as a homeowner, but the others need to be done by a professional like those at Ambient Air. Contact them at 520-357-4912 with any other questions.
Picking the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot of considerations. Thats why its nice to have such a big variety of choices from Ambient Air. Whether you're in the market for for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are various thermostats that you have to pick from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the experts at Ambient Air will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a bit confusing due to their name, but they actually cover both your heating and cooling needs throughout the year. When its hot outside it works like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets reversed and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and could produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we think you should also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are designed to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other part as a whole system, efficiency may be diminished.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These advances most importantly include improved heating and cooling efficiency, but also consist of improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old typically need to be replaced. Not only do they consist of outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than more recent models. Buying a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with improved comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system could send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You may visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also shares carbon offsets as it happens.
In most areas, rain will naturally clean the solar modules. If you reside in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water may help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to clean solar modules.
The proper thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Ambient Air sells programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC systems. Check out our available products or contact us at 520-357-4912 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a large part of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Ambient Air can help reduce these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the higher the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, don't forget about these additional factors:
- Is your system typically maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will run more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Would you benefit from a zoning system? If there are rooms in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may reduce your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning your home allows you you the ability to section off portions of your house and control the thermostat differently in each room. Zoning equipment is good for when you have spaces of your residence that are seldom used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of the perfect temperature for the house. Zoning systems are quiet and efficient, allowing you more control over the comfort of your home. Discover more about the equipment available from Ambient Air.