Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Tucson during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Ambient Air will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Ambient Air at 520-357-4912 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.