When it’s cold in Tucson you rely on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming soon. Annual maintenance service from certified technicians can keep your system running efficiently and diagnose possible problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signals that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working the way it used to. Is it running long enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could hint at a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump cools your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps change the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem continues, call an expert to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The experts at Ambient Air will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.