With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can save a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically increase your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Ambient Air specialist do air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system working well for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is operating properly and can identify possible problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Ambient Air a call at 520-357-4912.