Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Tucson colder months. If you already called Ambient Air for your annual tune-up, you’re certainly ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 520-357-4912 to get one on the calendar.
There are many simple things you can do in between professional servicing to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters often and clean or swap them when advised. This is such a straightforward way to improve the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are open for maximum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up near your outdoor unit or litter has collected, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s working correctly. Simply turn it on and slowly raise the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our experts, call Ambient Air at 520-357-4912 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!