Having regular air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Tucson summertime, have the professionals at Ambient Air complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Ambient Air today at 520-201-3871.