Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Tucson is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Ambient Air consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Ambient Air in Tucson at 520-201-3871 today.